DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH is pleased about your interest in our company and products. The protection of your personal data is important to us, and we want you to feel safe while visiting our website.
(1) Information about the collection of personal data from visitors to our website is provided below. Personal data is all data which can be related to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4, Paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH Dr.-Johannes-Heidenhain-Str. 5 83301 Traunreut, Germany Tel.: +49 8669 31-0 E-mail: infoheidenhainde (see our legal details at https://www.heidenhain.de/de_EN/company/legal-details/).
You can contact our data protection officer at:
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH Data Protection Officer Dr.-Johannes-Heidenhain-Str. 5 83301 Traunreut, Germany datenschutzheidenhainde
The rights of the affected data subjects are detailed in “§ 2 Your rights.”
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, the information you provide (your e mail address, as well as your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The contact form is an additional service from us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily (legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter f of the GDPR). We delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required, or limit the processing thereof if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offerings or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we will also let you know the criteria stipulated for the duration of storage.
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to the personal data concerning you:
– right to information pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR, – right to have information rectified pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR, – right to have information erased pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR, – right to restrict processing of information pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR, – right to data transferability pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR, and – right to object to the processing of information pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR.
(2) You can only exercise your rights in writing (an actual letter sent by mail). Please use only the following address:
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH Data Protection Dr.-Johannes-Heidenhain-Str. 5 83301 Traunreut, Germany
We need your name and address, as well as your customer number if you have one, and the context of the processing of your personal data. If this information is missing, we can neither authenticate you nor guarantee your claim to your rights according to the GDPR.
(3) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. The supervisory data protection authority responsible for us is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Oversight) Promenade 27 91522 Ansbach, Germany
(4) For certain offerings, such as our newsletters, the Klartext Portal, and the Private Area, you also have the possibility of viewing your data yourself, and of modifying or deleting it, or of having it modified or deleted.
(1) If you use the website simply for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register yourself or send us any information, we collect only the personal data which your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following technical data which we need to enable us to show you our website and ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR):
– IP address – date and time of the query – time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) – content of the query (specific site) – access status/HTTP status code – data volume transmitted in each case – website from which the request emanates – browser – operating system and its user interface – language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the agency which places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot initiate programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the Internet service more user-friendly and more effective overall.
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These specifically include the session cookies. They store what is known as a session ID, which allows different queries from your browser to be assigned to the joint session, enabling your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. For example, this prevents you from needing to re register every time you call a new page. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time, which can vary depending on the cookie. How long a cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookies as well as your browser’s settings. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time. With these cookies the website can remember your information and settings the next time you visit it. This makes it faster and easier for you to access the website, since, for example, you don’t need to set the desired language again.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for instance, refuse to accept third-party cookies or even any cookies at all. We must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your personal data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if participation in actions, competitions, contracts, or similar services are offered by us together with our partners. More information is provided when you enter your personal data as well as further below in the description of the offer.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
In the Careers section of the German version of our website you can apply on your own initiative or directly for posted positions. As part of the online application we collect the information necessary for the application procedure at DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH.
When you apply for a position, you are asked for specific personal information (including your name, address, and e-mail address). Questions specific to the position are also asked. Furthermore, it is mandatory that you list your previous employment experience when applying to our company.
We will treat the information that your provide to us confidentially, and will relay it only to those persons directly involved with the specific job application. No information will be relayed to any third parties without your express consent. If you do not want to maintain your online application, you can withdraw it in writing at any time. Your data will automatically be deleted at the latest after one year unless you have been hired by that time or an agreement to keep your data beyond that time has been reached.
Your rights as the affected data subject are not curtailed by this. See § 2.
Due to legal regulations, we cannot delete your data immediately after completing the application process.
If we cannot offer you a suitable position at this time, but we consider it possible that your application might be of interest to us or one of our companies at a later date, we will gladly offer to save your application for a longer period. We will ask you for your consent in a separate e-mail or by mail. You can object to this storage for the future at any time, resulting in your data being deleted immediately and irrevocably.
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you inform us of this withdrawal.
(2) So long as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you can state an objection against the processing. This is the case when the processing is not explicitly necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you, as is detailed in the following respective descriptions of the functions. When stating such an objection we kindly ask you to tell us the reason why we should no longer process your personal data. In case of a reasonable objection we will examine the situation and either stop or adapt the data processing, or we will inform you of our compelling and legitimate grounds for further data processing.
(3) Of course you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes and data analysis at any time. Contact us at the following address to inform us of your objection:
Please include your name and address, as well as your customer number if you have one, when contacting us about your objection.
(1) Our newsletters “Klartext News,” “TNC Club,” “TNC Update,” and “Service News” inform you of interesting news regarding TNC controls, as well as about other products and services. Depending on the newsletter, integral elements are also current information about training courses and events in HEIDENHAIN’s training center. You register via the respective registration form, at the end of which you have to confirm your consent to the use of the entered data.
(2) Depending on the respective newsletter, we use the “double opt-in” procedure for registration. This means that after you have registered, we will send you an e-mail to the e mail address specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the times and dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to inform you about possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) After your confirmation we will save your entered data for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter a of the GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking the link included in each e mailed newsletter or the e-mail address in the respective newsletter.
(1) In the Klartext magazine (two editions yearly) we inform you about products, other technical details, and services offered by HEIDENHAIN. Upon adding you to our distribution list we will mail the magazine to you.
(2) You register via a registration form, at the end of which you have to confirm your consent to the use of the entered data. We save and process your entered data for the purpose of sending the magazine to you. The legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter a of the GDPR.
(3) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the magazine at any time, thus unsubscribing from the magazine. You can revoke your consent by sending an e-mail to [klartextheidenhainde].
(4) The Klartext app only serves for visual display of the magazine. No personal data is transmitted when using the Klartext app.
(1) The application for access must be made in writing (by mail), and you will also receive your user name and password by mail. If you want to use our portal, you must log in by entering your user name and password.
(2) If you use our portal, we will process your data required for the fulfillment of the contract until you fully delete your account. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you while using the portal, unless you delete the data yourself. The legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR. Other portal participants have no access to your data.
(1) In order to become a member of the TNC Club, you must register as a representative of your company. Entry of data marked by an asterisk (*) is obligatory; all further information can be provided voluntarily.
(2) We process your data required for the fulfillment of the contract, including information about methods of payment in the event of premium membership, until you finally delete your membership, or we limit the processing in case of statutory retention requirements. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you while you are a member, unless you delete the data yourself. The legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR.
(3) For more information, refer to the “Conditions of Participation” of the TNC Club belonging to DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH at https://www.tnc-club.de/de_DE/mitgliedschaft/teilnahmebedingungen/.
(1) Under certain circumstances our websites use the web analysis service Piwik/Matomo in order to analyze the use of our websites and to improve them on a regular basis. Based on the statistics gathered, we can improve our offerings and make them more interesting to you as the user. The legal basis for using Piwik/Matomo is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR.
(2) Cookies (see § 3 for more information) are stored on your computer for purposes of this evaluation. The information thus collected is stored solely on our servers in Germany. You can end this evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storing of new cookies. If you prevent the storing of cookies, you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. Open your browser settings in order to prevent cookies from being stored. In order to prevent Piwik/Matomo from being used, remove the check mark next to Piwik/Matomo iFrame, thereby activating the opt-out plug-in.
(3) Under certain circumstances our websites might use Piwik/Matomo with the “AnonymizeIP” extension. This means that truncated forms of IP addresses are processed further, making it impossible to relate them directly to any individual. The IP address transmitted by your browser via Piwik/Matomo is not combined with other data that we collect.
(4) The Piwik/Matomo program is an open-source project. Go to matomo.org/privacy-policy/ for the third-party provider’s information about data protection.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data collected by Google.
(3) You can set your browser software to prevent it from storing cookies; we must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie that is related to your visit to the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading the browser plug-in available from the link below and then installing it:tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) You also have the possibility of deactivating the collection of your usage data for this website. In this case a special opt-out cookie is set that prevents future collection of your usage data when visiting this website.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that truncated forms of IP addresses are used for further processing, making it impossible to relate them to any individual. Should the data collected during your use of the website contain any personalized information, then the personal data is immediately deleted and no connection between you and the data is possible.
(6) We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and to improve it on a regular basis. Based on the statistics gathered, we can improve our offerings and make them more interesting to you as the user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR.
(7) Google Maps. We use Google Maps on some of our websites. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and makes it easy for you to use the map function.
By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant sub-page of our website. In addition, the data indicated under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. Data is transmitted regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether you have no Google account. If you are logged in to Google your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish it to be assigned to your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research, and/or the design of its website in accordance with its requirements. This kind of use (even for users who are not logged in) is specifically for the purpose of providing advertising as required and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of this user profile; to exercise it you must contact Google.
Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection statements of the provider.
(8) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html; Overview of Data Protection: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245; Declaration of Data Protection:policies.google.com/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We use “Google reCAPTCHA” (hereinafter referred to as “reCAPTCHA”) on our websites. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
(2) The purpose of reCAPTCHA is to determine whether data entered on our websites (e.g., information entered into a contact form) is being provided by a human user or by an automated program. To determine this, reCAPTCHA analyzes the behavior of website visitors based on a variety of parameters. This analysis is triggered automatically as soon as a website visitor enters the site. For this analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates a variety of data (e.g., IP address, time the website visitor spent on the site, or cursor movements initiated by the user). The data tracked during such analyses are forwarded to Google. The reCAPTCHA analyses run entirely in the background. Website visitors are not alerted that an analysis is underway.
(3) The data is processed on the basis of Art. 6, Sect. 1, lit f GDPR. It is in the website operator’s legitimate interest to protect the operator’s web content against misuse by automated industrial espionage systems and against spam.
(4) Data may be sent to Google as part of the use of the reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose, we have concluded an order processing contract that includes the EU standard data protection clauses with Google. Google LLC, headquartered in California, USA, and, if applicable, US authorities can access the data stored at Google. Further information on Google reCAPTCHA as well as the data privacy statement of Google can be found at the following links: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/android.html.
(1) We maintain an online presence on the social networks and platforms stated below (e.g., employer evaluation portals). These social networks are operated solely by the respective provider. This online presence serves to facilitate communication with customers, potential customers, and users, and serves advertising and market research purposes. If you contact us through our social media channels, then we will process the data that you make available to us, as well as the data that are required in order to process the query (Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter b, of the GDPR). The processing of further data is performed in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter f, of the GDPR based on a legitimate interest in direct communication with users and in the optimization of the design of our online presence. If you grant your consent to the operators of the respective social media platforms (e.g., via an opt-in checkbox), then processing will be performed in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter a, of the GDPR. At any time, you can withdraw your consent from the provider of the respective platform with future effect.
(2) When you open our social media pages, your user data will be recorded and provided to us by the provider. The exact types of data differ from provider to provider but usually encompass the following information:
- Followers: Number of followers and stored profiles; information about increases and progress over a defined period.
- Reach: Number of persons who see a specific post; number of interactions for a post. Based on this information, it can be determined which content is more popular in the community than other content. - Ad performance: How many people were reached by a post or a paid ad, and how many have interacted with it?
- Demographics: Average age of the visitor, as well as gender, place of residence, language.
(3) Because our social media channels are operated by the providers of the respective social networks, these providers may potentially use your personal data. We have no influence over this usage. This often involves the recording of your IP address, the creation of statistical evaluations, and the processing of further information that is stored in the form of cookies. These data are also often used to show you interest-related advertisements both on and outside of the platform. As a profile operator, we have no influence on advertisement generation or appearance and can neither deactivate this function nor prevent this processing of data.
(4) The assertion of rights of data subjects and the request of information can most effectively be made directly with the providers of the platforms because they alone have access to your data and can take immediate action. If our cooperation is required for this, then we will support you as needed in enforcing your rights as a data subject.
(1) The data that you share with us when registering for a webinar (surname, first name, and e-mail address) are processed by us for the purpose of holding the respective webinar. The legal basis for this is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter b, of the GDPR.
(2) For organizing and holding the webinar, we use the Webex platform (Cisco), which acts as a data processor for us. You can find the privacy statement of the platform at: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/legal/privacy-full.html
(3) We store your personal data for as long as a contractual relationship with you exists, for as long as we have a legitimate interest in continued storage and usage, or for as long as we are legally required to do so. We normally delete the collected data from out databases after the webinar has been held.
(1) For shortening URLs, we use the URL shortener service “t1p.de” from the company okua GmbH, Eisenstuckstraße 43, 01069 Dresden. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interests in the optimization of our online communication in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f, of the GDPR.